Using the Zoom Software
Zoom provides an own software client to join meetings, to manage meetings or to edit your profile. Students may only join an existing meeting.
The essential steps are:
- Start the client and select the item "Join a Meeting".
- Enter the meeting ID or the personal link name.
- Assign yourself a name.
You need to sign in to manage your meetings or your profile with the zoom client. The clients' sign-in-procedure uses the authentication service of the University of Rostock. The essential steps are:
- Start the client an select the item "Sign In".
- Select the option "Sign in with SSO".
- Enter the company domain which is uni-rostock-de *.
- You will be directed to the authentication service of the University of Rostock.
- The software automatically connects to your zoom account, when you signed in succesfully with your employee account / password at the University of Rostock.
*) Be aware of the minus signs instead of dots.