The ITMC operates the Wireless LAN network on all sites of the University of Rostock. In case you wish to operate an own WirelessLAN Accesspoint, please, read the WLAN regulation first. In case of questions or if you wish to apply for exceptional cases, please, contact the support.
The network name (SSIDs) of the Uni-WLAN network are "eduroam" and for guest accounts created by the ITMZ "unihro-guest". As a principle, all three networks are equally operated. Still, the eduroam offers a safe connection compared to the open network and, thus, should be preferably used! You need the ITMC user ID for registration.
The profile of your computer can be automatically downloaded on the DFN website. Alternatively, you may use the QR code on the right.
With the service DFNRoaming/eduroam, the DFN association, in cooperation with the computing centre of the scientific institution, users can get easily, short-term and without additional registration, get a WLAN access to the science network even at other scientific institutions. The integration into a European project allows a transparent use of eduroam even cross-border.
- SSID: eduroam
- Encoding: WPA2-AES (Enterprise, not PSK!)
- Authentification: P-EAP -> MS-Chap V2
- No web registration required
- 3 simultaneous logins maximum possible
- Registration with <your User ID>@uni-rostock.de
- Server certificate name: secsrv.uni-rostock.de (signed by TeleSec GlobalRoot Class 2)
- Server certificate thumb print: 69 08 34 0e 98 33 39 c7 c5 d6 3b af 58 a8 00 ec ca 23 ad b4
- SSID: unihro-guest
- Encoding: none
- Authentification: none
- Registration via an internal website that automatically opens up when opening the browser (enable popups!)
- 3 simultaneous logins maximum allowed
- Server certificate: webauth.wlan.uni-rostock.de of T-TeleSec GlobalRoot Class 2
The access data can be applied by the host here (staff members of the University of Rostock or medicine).