- Transparent objects cannot be scanned. One has to rub them with powder or something similar in advance. Still, the geometry is scanned then, but the object is no longer transparent.
- Black objects reflect only little or no light and, thus, are unsuitable.
- Very fine objects like hair or fur are too thin to be scanned.
- For very detailled objects, it is not possible to scan all surface parts as the scanners are simply too large to get an insight into all of them..
- Shiny objects are being distorted when being scanned.
- Gerade Kanten are a challenge.
- With very smooth surfaces that look alike the scanner looses the picture joins and cannot compose the images anymore.
3D Scanning service